Wednesday, July 21

Warren County Fair

Visited: July 20

It was great to see a very familiar face as the Warren County Junior Fair Queen. Rachel and I had attended a state 4-H camp counselor training together last year. Rachel and the king, Matt, welcomed me to their "4-H Appreciation" luncheon, where I was introduced. OFMA president, Dan Martin, was also present at the luncheon ceremony. After a great meal, Rachel and Matt showed me their fair. The Warren County Fair is very unique, because it has a full enclosed grandstand that is air conditioned. I also saw alpacas completing an obstacle course, as part of a 4-H show! I also saw the cutest little angora goat! I had never seen an angora goat before. A brand new barn was added to the fairgrounds that was completed in less than 15 days! Rachel and Matt said that I JUST HAD TO try a slushie from the food booth operated by the 4-H clubs. It was sooo tasty, especially since it was sooo hot outside! Rachel and Matt were both very informative about their fair and very energetic people. They did a great job representing their county fair!











OFMA Convention 2010