Sunday, July 18

Logan County Fair

Visited: July 16
The Logan County Fair had several unique things about it! I was given a tour of the fairground by the King and Queen, Cody and Shelby. Cody and Shelby were very up-beat and made me feel very welcome at their fair. In my opinion, they are both very deserving of their king and queen titles. They put a lot of time and effort in on their king and queen duties. On my tour, I also had the pleasure of meeting the rabbit princess. The fair also had a unique system, every 4-H'er and advisor received a photo ID card on a lanyard that was their pass into the fair. I found this so interesting! Cody and Shelby showed me the 4-H display barn where I was fascinated to learn that every first year hog exhibitor is required to create and decorate a hurdle (a board that is used to guide hogs from place to place). Another distinctive item of the fair was that the number of rabbits you can show at the fair is determined by the number of years you have shown. For example, it is Shelby's tenth year in 4-H, so she could potentially bring 10 rabbits! I was sooooo thrilled to finally find one of my favorite fair foods--- deep fried cookie dough! I had been searching for it at all the fairs. I wish Cody and Shelby the best for the rest of their year as king and queen!

OFMA Convention 2010