Wednesday, July 7

Harrison County Fair

Visited: July 6

When I arrived at the fair, I was surprised to see that the fair sits on three different levels of ground. I was told that the land was once one GIANT hill. Over the years, it was leveled out. I really enjoyed hearing all about the Harrison County Fair and its' history from Don, the Senior Fair Board President. I love the fact that at the Harrison County Fair, the exhibitors are not limited in the projects that they can bring to the fair or sell at the fair. When I arrived, exhibitors were prepping their hogs for the show and having water fights with each other. When I met the queen, Kallie, she had just washed 13 hogs! The hog show was pushed back two hours because it was HOT, HOT, HOT outside--- 94 degrees! But the heat didn't stop people from attending the fair! It was a pleasure to also met the fair princess, a six year 4-H member. I had a wonderful time at the Harrison County Fair and hearing about all of its' history from Don.

OFMA Convention 2010