Saturday, July 31

Ohio State Fair - Opening Day

Visited: July 28










I began my day in Columbus with the opening ceremony for the Ohio State Fair. The governor and commissioners cut the ribbon and OFFICIALLY opened the fair. I am proud to say that the General Manager of the Ohio State Fair, Virgil, grew up in Fairfield County.









Following the ceremony, I reunited with Governor Strickland's wife, Frances. I then toured the fair with Governor Strickland and the commissioners. Our first stop was at the goat playground, a new exhibit at the fair. Little goats were romping around and playing with their toys. It was adorable! Then we ventured to the Ohio Proud tent where local food producers were featuring their items. There was jam and ice cream among other various foods. We visited the Agriculture & Horticulture building, where the Ohio Farm Bureau team was working.



The dedication of the Coliseum to former Governor Taft followed our tour. I absolutely adored meeting two little girls who asked to have their picture taken with me at the fair. I had a wonderful time talking with many people who were in attendance at the fair.

Like the Ohio State Fair's catch phrase this year, I had a "fairtastic" few weeks ahead of me!

OFMA Convention 2010