Saturday, July 31

Shelby County Fair

Visited: July 26

I remember meeting Senior Fair Board members, Jerry and Pat, at the OFMA spring district meetings. They were extremely cordial to me when I arrived at the fair. I'd like to congratulate Staci on being crowned the Shelby County Junior Fair Queen, and Luke on being crowned the Shelby County Junior Fair King this year. Jean, the Junior Fair Board President, showed me around the fair with the king and queen. They showed me a really neat display booth titled, "What do you know about the Shelby County Fair?". It had questions, and if you flipped the chart, it then displayed the answer. We watched pig races. It was so cute; pigs raced each other around the track and even jumped into a pool! The pig that I cheered for was named "Dolly Porker". The fairground also had a really neat octagon-shaped center of a barn. Luke told me that the duck project has become a popular project in the past few years. There were many ducks in the barn when I visited. This year's fair was especially something for the people of Shelby County to be proud of, because it celebrated its 150th anniversary!





OFMA Convention 2010