Saturday, July 31

Union County Fair

Visited: July 26










Sue, the marketing director for the fair, took me to the different livestock shows and had me introduced. I also enjoyed helping the 2009 Union County Junior Fair Queen to crown the 2010 Union County Junior Fair Queen, Taylor. I helped hand out awards during sheep showmanship and had the opportunity to award the Showman of Showmen award to Jakob. Below is an interview I had with Jakob following his win:

Jakob is 16 years old and in his eighth year in 4-H. He has shown sheep all of his 4-H career. This year was not the first time he has won the Showman of Showmen award. He had previously won the award when he was 11 years old. That is quite an accomplishment to win twice! He also found success in 2006, 2007, and 2008, when he won reserve champion with his ewe.

OFMA Convention 2010