Saturday, July 31

Ohio State Fair - Thursday, 29th

Visited: July 29

I had the pleasure of attending the 35th annual Ohio State Fair Hall of Fame Luncheon at the Rhodes Center, where eight new honorees were inducted into the Hall of Fame. Those individuals who were inducted were:
Charles Cox (Franklin Cty)
Dennis Elliott (Franklin Cty)
Richard Falter (Sarasota Cty, Florida)
Opal Holfinger (Miami Cty)
Richard Indoe (Medina Cty)
David Madison (Franklin Cty)
Jeffrey Milgrom (Franklin Cty)
Rose Stough (Crawford Cty)


These dedicated individuals were inducted for their leadership and various contributions to the success of the Ohio State Fair. I had the honor of sitting at a table with David Madison, one of the inductees. He served as a Commissioner at the Ohio State Fair for 18 years and is, also, a past mayor of Bexley.



In addition to the Hall of Fame luncheon, I attended the Open Market Lamb show. While visiting the show, I became acquainted with the 09-10 Ohio Lamb and Wool Queen, Meighan. I also enjoyed watching fellow 4-H members from my county show their lambs.





I soon ventured over to the Open Hereford Beef Cattle show, where the Ohio Beef Queen, Jacquie, was passing out awards. Jacquie and I were in 4-H together in Fairfield County. Although Jacquie is now too old to be a 4-H member, she serves as an advisor within the county 4-H program.

Later in the day, I made my way to the O'Neill Building where the Jr. Swine show was taking place. I once again visited the "biggest boar" at the Ohio State Fair. This hog has won the award for several years.






I took part in the parade on the fairground at 4p.m. Joining me on the float was the Ohio Ayrshire Queen and her princess. Care Bear, Cow Man, and the Geico Gecko also joined us.




Following the Parade, I visited the Agriculture & Horticulture building and watched kids climb to the top of the rock wall. I viewed the Christmas tree displays, too.

OFMA Convention 2010