Saturday, July 31

Seneca County Fair

Visited: July 27

I had a fantastic time touring the fair with the Seneca County Junior Fair Board Vice-President, the fair king, and the fair queen ---Ellen, Chance, and Kourtney. In the llama barn is where a funny incident happened... my crown seemed to catch this one llama's attention. His eyes got really big and he craned his neck to follow me as I walked throughout the barns. When I approached him again, he leaned in towards me. His nose was about five inches from my face! I knew llamas were curious animals, but it definitely was one of the funniest things that has happened to me at a fair. Later that night, I got to watch my first pig scramble. The stands were packed, it appeared to be the biggest attraction at the fair during that time. I watched as the kids greased their hands in preparation for the event. While I was there, I had the chance to introduce myself to the audience. The Senior Fair Board President, Dan, was present to help run the scramble. It was a pleasure to meet the 1st and 2nd Queen Runner-Ups, Kari and Dani, at the scramble.

OFMA Convention 2010