Sunday, July 18

Madison County Fair

Visited: July 16

What the OSU extension agent for Madison County regarded as the, "Most important show of the week" was taking place when I visited the fair. Winners from each species category were vying for the prestigious title of Showman of Showman. I was shown the fair by Hannah, the Junior Fair Board Vice-President. Rachel, the Junior Fair Princess, and Larissa, the Lamb and Wool Princess, also accompanied us. I even got to learn all about showing donkeys at the fair from Larissa. Her donkeys name was Tinkerbell. I watched the junior fair baking projects auction. This was the first year the fair had decided to auction off baked good items made by the junior fair exhibitors. One plate of brownies went for $110!!!! After the auction, I watched the fair award memorial awards in each species. I was pleased to get to meet all of the species ambassadors. I, also, helped the Junior Fair King and Queen, Bryan and Desiree, award the Grand Showman of Showman award to Delaney.

OFMA Convention 2010