Saturday, July 31

Clermont County Fair

Visited: July 28 I was embraced with enthusiasm from the Clermont County Senior Fair Board. They were some of the most kind-hearted people I had met. The Senior Fair Board President, Bill, showed me around the fair. It was interesting to learn how Bill got his start on the board. He used to be a Sheriff in the county who ran the D.A.R.E. program. He was then asked to become a member of the board. I had the opportunity to talk with some 4-H'ers and their parents who were awaiting the results of the "Bake-It" competition. I even met the fair's princess, Leah, and the 4-H Program Assistant, Scott.
Bill informed me of the events the fair hosts throughout the week. One very well-attended event is the military recognition night. It is an event held in the grandstand that honors veterans and those currently serving in the military. I was told that it generates a lot of support from the community. Clermont County was also fortunate enough to have a new horse barn built this year. It was funded by a very unique organization called Friends of the Fair, Inc. According to the non-profit organization, they are, "an organization compromised of individuals striving to improve the facilities available to Clermont County youth for livestock exhibition." I also was introduced to Ohio House of Representatives 66th District representative, Joe. I was highly impressed by the friendly atmosphere of the fair!

OFMA Convention 2010