Saturday, July 31

Lucas County Fair

Visited: July 27

After almost 3 hours in the truck, I arrived at the Lucas County Fair in Maumee, Ohio. I never realized how much people pay attention to who I am. When I arrived, I was greeted by Jo, a lady who owns a concession stand from my home county. She told me that she had seen an article in the local newspaper when I became fair queen. I had never met her before, but it was a great feeling to know that somebody had remembered me from a newspaper article! Dan showed me around the fair. He is the fair king and is also a horse exhibitor. Later in the day, he was going to participate in "contesting" with his horse. I also was surprised to see a grass ring that the ponies were showing in. I had never seen a grass ring at the fairs. The fair also feature a barn full of adorable baby animals.

OFMA Convention 2010