Saturday, July 31

Vinton County Fair

Visited: July 29

The Vinton County Fair was a small but lively place. When I arrived, I was warmly greeted and a member of the fair board even announced my presence over the entire intercom system on the fairgrounds. Although she was one of the youngest queens I had met so far, Hannah wasn't shy. She welcomed me to the fair and proceeded to show me what the Vinton County Fair had to offer. The fair had a very neat display for the exhibitors to have their picture taken by. The people of Vinton County were extremely friendly and welcoming to me. While walking around, Hannah introduced me to many people; one of those people was "Jr". He was a younger boy who was as polite as could be. Hannah told me that he had won "Ultimate Showman" for the swine specie. Earl, a member of the Senior Fair Board, had me interviewed by the announcer for the "Tough Truck" competition, which was going to take place shortly. During the time before the competition, my family and I enjoyed the most wonderful homemade noodles by the VFW post. To top it off, we shared a piece of coconut custard pie, also homemade by the VFW.








OFMA Convention 2010