Saturday, July 31

Butler County Fair

Visited: July 28













The OFMA president, Dan Martin, met up with the Butler County Fair's King, Queen, and I at dinner on the fairgrounds. I had a delicious meal! The king, Evan, and the queen, Emily, were both former state 4-H camp acquaintances of mine. Evan, Emily, and Dan led me through all of the livestock barns and a really cute youth barn. "The Farm Zone" youth barn featured baby animals and kids activities. The beef cattle barn had giant fans installed this year. These fans were excellent, in the fact that, exhibitors did not have to bring fans from home. The barn, also, didn't have tons of extension cords running through it. While on our tour, we were treated to freshly baked cinnamon donuts. I had never had such a thing before; it was tasty! Evan, Emily, and I attended the rodeo that was taking place, and I learned that the grandstand had been built in 1913. Afterward, Dan took us to see a magician. This magician was outstanding! At the end of his tricks, he created a balloon for me that was a pink heart with two white turtle doves kissing. It was adorable! Evan was given a balloon of a pig riding a motorcycle! Upon my departure, Dan presented me with a lovely basket featuring the Butler County Fair's grandstand engraved on the nameplate.

OFMA Convention 2010