Monday, July 19

Franklin County Fair

Visited: July 18


A close-to-home fair was a change of pace for my fair travels. I really enjoyed meeting Connie and P.J., the Franklin County Junior Fair Queen and King. They were both very sweet and friendly individuals who care about their fair a lot. As they showed me around the fair, one of the stops was at the display booth barn. I even had the honor of filling out the V.I.P. voting ballot for my favorite three booths. I learned that as the non-livestock projects are judged throughout the week under the junior fair tent. The exhibitors, then, add their projects to their club's display booth after judging is complete. While we were in the display barn, a MASSIVE thunderstorm hit and we hid out in the barn for quite a while until the rain decided to cease. It was a great place to be "stuck", because there were so many great displays to look at! After the rain stopped, we visited a GIANT barn where all of the livestock stay except a few of the beef cattle, and the show ring is included inside the building. I really liked that all of the exhibitors "thank you" posters were hung directly above the show arena where they were highly visible. While we were in the barn, it started storming, again! I had a fantastic time at the fair and I hope that Connie and P.J. have a great week at their fair and a great year as queen and king!

OFMA Convention 2010