Monday, August 2

Pike County Fair

Visited: August 3

The fair's motto this year was "Know it, Grow it, Show it". I really enjoyed, Kayla, the Pike County Fair Queen showing me around the fair. From the moment I met Kayla, I could tell that she "lives and breathes" 4-H. She dedicates lots of her time to the county 4-H activities. As we traveled through the fair, I got to see the wonderful new OSU Extension office that was recently built on the fairground. I was told that the most popular animal to show at the Pike County Fair is a hog. They have nearly 500 hogs shown at the fair! During the fair, there is also a "pie" scholarship awarded to a 4-H'er. Kayla said they host an annual car show at the fairgrounds as a fundraiser for the 4-H program. I would like to congratulate Kayla on being crowned her county's fair queen!

OFMA Convention 2010