Monday, August 2

Galia County Fair

Visited: August 2

After showing my dog at the Ohio State Fair, I rushed off to the Galia County Fair down on the river. The fairgrounds had a beautiful setting, which I was told sits on 250 acres. I was ecstatic to meet up with Brittany, Miss Galia County 2009, at her fair. I had met Brittany at the OFMA convention in January. We clicked instantly and have developed a friendship since then. I was told by Brittany that the Galia County Fair is "junior fair" only. They do not have any "open class" entries. I was, also, told that they are the largest "only" junior fair. While I was there, I caught up with one of the other queens that I had met at the convention, Alaina. She was the 2009 Muskigum County Jr. Fair Queen. Together, the three of us watched the Little Mister and Little Miss contest, taking place on the main stage. There was over 60 kids participating! Afterwards, I had a delicious stromboli from my favorite stromboli stand, that I often saw at the fairs - The Italian Eatery. Alaina and I, then, watched as Brittany was on stage during the queen pageant. There were 13 contestants; the fair regarded these contestants as the "princesses". The princesses were dressed in formal gowns and each princess had to answer one random question on stage. In the end, five girls were named to the court. The new queen, Lindsay, was crowned at the end of the pageant. Lindsay was also voted Miss Congeniality by the other princesses.



OFMA Convention 2010