Sunday, August 1

Ohio State Fair - Sunday, August 1st

Visited: August 1





















As a member of the Ohio 4-H Teen Council, I participated in a meeting during the morning at the fair. From there, I attended the Guys & Gals Sheep Lead and the crowning ceremony of the new 10-11 Ohio Lamb and Wool Queen. In order to participate in the sheep lead, the contestant must wear an outfit made of wool and the sheep may have a coordinating scarf or such to match the contestant. Members are judged on their outfit, poise, and control of the animal. It was was sooooo adorable when it was the younger girls leading sheep around that were as big, or bigger, than them! The new queen was crowned in the afternoon. Morgan, a 4-H member from Fayette County, was named the 10-11 Ohio Lamb and Wool Queen. Congratulations to Morgan on her achievement! Shortly after the ceremony, I showed my Multi-Level Teen Leadership project in the Youth Center. I received one of the three "outstanding" awards given in my project. After my judging, my family arrived at the fair to spend some time walking around the fair before we would go to watch Jeff Dunham, a comedian and ventriloquist. Before the show, we watched Mallory Lewis & Lamb Chop at the Gazebo Stage. I also held a HUGE snake that a local zoo had brought to the fair. It kept wanting to curl its head back behind me, so that's why you can't see its face in the photo!

OFMA Convention 2010