Tuesday, August 3

Preble County Fair

Visited: August 3

During the OFMA convention in January, I met the 2009 Preble County Jr. Fair Queen, Brandi. We talked throughout the convention and afterwards stayed in contact. Brandi showed goats and hogs while she was in 4-H. Later in the summer, she invited me to visit her fair. When I arrived, Brandi showed me her fairgrounds and introduced me to many people, including the 2010 Preble County Jr. Fair Queen, Jade. She was showing her sheep. I was intrigued by the fact that, at Preble County, they showed their sheep on a giant piece of outdoor carpet in a barn, rather than mulch or sand. They said that it worked out really well for showing. I was also treated to dinner at a church booth on the fairgrounds by Duane, the fair manager. It was a fantastic home-cooked meal! I also viewed the grand champion display booth that was Dr. Seuss themed.

OFMA Convention 2010